Monday, December 10, 2018

Superb Saturday and Sunday

I'm feeling healthy even with allergies and a slight cold.  I'm feeling strong, we've gone to yoga the past two days and we ran or biked which feels so good.  Yesterday I took time to clean and get the house cozy which is quite possibly one of the most rewarding things for me.  Then we went to see Ira Glass, the host of NPR's This American Life.  He was super great.  Gave a speech on 7 Things I've learned.  All very interesting and engaging with him wrapping in interviews audio and video, throughout.  He talked about a 14 year old who didn't believe in love (some people even commit suicide over love, that's not something you want to get caught up in).  He talked about Homer Alaska immigration issues and the sad scary fact we have so many people putting out false information that people can believe if they don't know better.  We both certainly felt smarter upon leaving.
Sunday we woke up and went to therapy which was hard but good, I think this is par for the course. then we went to yoga followed by a 10 mile bike ride with Matt.  In yoga I practiced my forearm stand and am getting a little more confident each time.  After the ride I met up with Leta and we saw the Austinettes a female acapella group.  Soo good and played the song quiet by MILCK.  It was good to see Leta and she always gives me good perspective. We then went to Tarka with Matt who talked and talked.  I think it was good for him and to toot my horn, I think I'm really good about helping people open up and talk about hard things. 
I'm still working on my reactivity, which is such a hard hard thing with Paul.  I'm not quite sure why I have such dramatic and knee jerk feelings that spill right into bratty behavior which is so unfair to him.  But I'm grateful for awareness and I'm grateful that I'm willing and able to change...here's to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment