Saturday, December 29, 2018

Christmas 2018

I didn't get to go to nanna's last year.  And it was wonderful in it's own way, but man did I miss it!  So this year felt extra special.  Paul and I drove from Austin to safe on plan cost.  The road trip was actually really fun.  Driving is such quality time and staying in a hotel can be fun too! 
I think the overwhelming feeling I always get with my family both immediate and extended is just how lucky I am to have healthy smart kind loving family members who I wholeheartedly enjoy.  All of my cousins are doing well and it's so fun to watch them grow into themselves as adults.  I love being goofy with them and also talking about adult life and how all of us are navigating.  I love catching up with my aunts and uncles who are nearing retirement and have such sound wise perspectives that I love to soak up.  And I love seeing Nanna having her home full, I know she misses that.

Long story short, what a beautiful gift family when it is healthy loving and supportive; I have been given that gift for whatever reason and I cherish it so deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment