Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Burn patients
I went over to Cornerstone to help David shower there for the first time. What a sad story, his home blew up from a natural gas leak and his wife died and he lost everything in one night. Has a rough history and has no family around. He also has subpar coping skills for stress so tends to just get angry and lash out at any and everyone. We hit it off cause I play the uke and we even sang You Belong to Me from the Jerk together. It was nice to see him in normal clothes that apparently the driver to his wife's funeral brought him, how sweet !? He has a lady bug infestation, but man it could be way worse. His shower went as well as it could've gone. I just feel so lucky to be working with this population. The relationship I built and still have with many of them is so precious. From text updates, great restaurant gift cards, and long phone conversations after discharge, I feel so honored to have been a part of their healing and remembered fondly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment