Sunday, March 31, 2013

So good

I love going home so so so so much!  My parents are just so wonderful and loving and I feel so rejuvenated after being home.  I also got to see some people from my past at the Michael Curtain race which was good.  Anne Brady has to be one of the most hilarious people I know.  It was so good to be around someone who is so carefree and happy!  I also saw Mrs. Emert who I just love and has always been so good to me.  I saw Courtney Poore/Batchelor who is ridiculously funny and told stories about teaching 8th graders (e.g. students getting True Love Waits abstinence only sex ed and her co teacher was talking about prohibition using the word abstain and could tell there was confusion. So to explain further he said, "For example I could abstain from eating fried chicken."  One little boy raised his hand with a confused face and said, "Wait, so you're saying you're not going to eat fried chicken until you're married!?")  She has always been a favorite of mine and I hate that it's so hard to keep in touch with everyone.  I also saw Billye Wait who used to babysit me and now has 2 kids of her own who are absolutely adorable.  How strange!?

Mom and I went shopping and I got a graduation dress that I absolutely love, just have to find shoes now, which is the fun part of course!  I also got a new raincoat (birthday present!) and it's pink and happy and I already want to wear it everyday along with my orange pants cause why would you not want to wear orange pants!  I slept so much this weekend and I just know that my body knew it was okay to sleep.  Like it knew that I was home and everything was "okay" and I could relax and give into sleeping.  I'm so grateful to have a place to do that.

Anywho, I'm thankful for my parents for my beautiful home for old friends for a dependable car and good company who drove with me.  Here's to finishing up this whole grad school thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment