Saturday, March 16, 2013

I am so happy

There has been a constant breeze, sunshine, 80 degree weather, delicious food, cowboy boots, good music and great company since Tuesday.  I love Austin and Christian so much!  He picked me up in Jason's white Land Rover, we at delicious bahn mi at Elizabeth Street Cafe.  The next day he "worked" from home and I went running and then went out with Rhianna and her friend Allison.  Heard Macklemore and some other music then met Christian downtown.  We had yummy noodle bowls at Koriente and then went to the boathouse for free beer and musi!  It was fabulous.

Michael arrived Thursday afternoon and we went straight to the east side.  Listened to some okay music, I got to punch some weird robot thing, we had the freshest margaritas, and then relaxed for a bit.  Then we went to SXSan Jose and saw Billy Joe Shaver.  He was fabulous!  Favorite song:  Wacko from Waco.  We then walked over to Polvo's met Hali and had yum Tex Mex and Margaritas.  We were all stuffed and drunk when we left, but went to Gourdoughs and split a Razzle Dazzle and a Granny's Pie doughnut...worth it.  The next morning Michael and I went paddle boarding on town lake.  So so so wonderful!  A great workout and so relaxing at the same time.  Then we headed north to the rodeo and BBQ competition.  Skipped all the carnival rides and headed straight for the BBQ tents.  AMAZING!  We had at least 6 different BBQ and drinks for tips only (and not at all of them).  The people were great and I felt so Texan it wasn't funny!  That night we went to auditorium shores and saw the Flaming Lips with Ben and Rhianna.  They were horrible.  So we went to 6th and were tired of it before we'd even been there for 20 minutes.  I can't believe that it exists really, it's a surreal experience to walk down that street.  So we went to Rainey street, walked up and down had some pho and then walked home exhausted.

This morning I had breakfast with my former coworkers.  So fun and Stella got a new job!  I could not be more happy for her.  JD just took his specialty exam and Kyle is getting married in June.  We are all growing up and moving on which is a wonderful thing.  Michael wanted to go to Gourdoughs for a second time hahahaha.  He got the Baby Rattler....ridiculous.  Then we went to Torchy's so he could have a taco and then we walked up and down S. Congress listening to various music, best of which was Shakey Graves.  Then I took a nap by the pool and a follow up nap with Christian after he took Michael to the airport.  Now we are rebooting and going to head out again.  Shew having this much fun is exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment