Sunday, January 25, 2015

Running

So I'm training for the Austin Half Marathon.  Longest run I'll have ever done and the first time I've ever actually trained for something.  Today I ran 8 miles with sweet Tamara and it felt so wonderful.  Well, sort of.  It felt hard and I could feel my muscles resisting, however I found myself saying "maintain, maintain."  As in maintain my pace.  As I was saying this over and over in my head I realized how much running is an analogy for my life right now.  As I'm beginning a new phase, of being alone, learning to love myself, and figure out what my life has in store, I can feel resistance and a since of reluctance.  I can feel tired and fear that I won't be able to make it or that I'll fail.  From today's run I realized that my life mantra should and will also be, "maintain, maintain."  Maintain momentum, maintain positivity, maintain trust, maintain hope, maintain optimism that my life is unfolding just as it should.

From Visyoulize:  Life is a gargantuan canvas, we are the artists.

Grateful for sunshine, friends, rest, peace, hope, health, security, and love

No comments:

Post a Comment