Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Clothes Swap

I have the most wonderful women in my life that I could possibly imagine.  Tonight I had a clothes swap.  Jenelle, Leta, and Tamara came over with clothes and Leta made amazing food as always.  We just chatted about the most fun and interesting things laughing and feeding off of each other's good energy.  We tried on clothes and told stories about where each piece of clothing came from or where we'd worn it.  It was a nice little trip down memory lane and it was even more nice to see some of my clothes leave with these women I love so much.  When everyone had left my apartment felt quiet, but also still full of laughter and sweet times.  I need to have people over more often.  Starting with tomorrow when Erica and her roommate will come for the evening!

Despite this time appearing to be lonely or sad, it's actually been quite nice.  I've had time to myself, I've fully dived into friend time with no need to rush to do something else or delay because of a conversation.  I've gone to bed exactly when I feel tired because I can.  I've read some and watched lots of Gilmore Girls which makes my heart feel lighter.  I've talked to mom more which is always good and I've been more present at work.  This is not to say I haven't had moments of continued sadness and missing, but overall I'm incredibly grateful for how smooth and comfortably I seem to be settling into this phase of my life.  I must give most the thanks to all the loved ones who have been very strategically and wonderfully placed in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment