So maybe it's a little late and maybe I'm moving backwards, but I'm grateful nonetheless to be at a point in my life that I get to know myself a little better. I've finally come to the conclusion that I am not going to make everyone happy nor will my starness necessarily jive with other shapes all the time. This has been a rude awakening for me. It a lot of ways I wanted and thought that anyone could make me happy and in turn that I could make anyone of my choosing happy. For those who haven't discovered this yourself yet: it's just not true. My starness and other people's other shapeness is just that, different. Someone could be the best darn square I've ever met, but as much as I would like to fit together, it's just not gonna work. From My Best Friend's Wedding, "You're never gonna be jello." That being said I'm on a mission to become and recognize that I am a fabulous star. And I'm not just a fabulous star because someone else might think or say so; no, I am a fabulous star because that's how I was made and because I know that I am. I'm on day three of this journey...so far it's going as well as I could expect. I've had some happy times and sad moments, but ultimately I'm trying to be upbeat and excited. While this isn't a journey to an exotic location, it is a journey that could very well land me in a wonderfully awesome new place in my life. That's an exciting prospect. However I have to put in the legwork to get there. Grateful to have people supporting me and the time and ability to take this journey. Praying and hoping for guidance in any and every way.
Thanks Maria for the musical reminder: Everybody has the blues https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ajzFgDUdY
No comments:
Post a Comment