Thursday, August 1, 2013

Memorial Hermann FWII - first two weeks

Kim Walker, my clinical instructor, and I met over lunch today and she said, "you are doing very well."  Oh my goodness that feels so so so good to hear!  It's amazing how uncertain I am of myself and everything I'm doing, and just to hear those 5 little words make me feel oh so much better.

I am really loving my day in day out so far.  Although a lot of the patients situations make me quite sad, I know that what I am doing is helping and that is such a rewarding feeling.  Also, some of our patients are youg and out of the hospital quite quickly which is a nice break from sad.  So far I have done an evaluation, strengthening exercises, ROM, education, assisted with splint fabrication, and documentation.  I'm beginning to have a vague idea of what a true therapist does, although I am a long way from feeling like I could do everything completely on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment