Friday, August 9, 2013

Loving OT

This week Kim was out of town so I was 95% on my own all week, and it was amazing!  I really do feel like an OT and I just love love love what I'm doing.  It's challenging, rewarding, inspiring, unpredictable, and humbling all at the same time.  This week I am so thankful for my background in psychology.  I had a patient breakdown with me about his family situation and thanks to Penninsula Village I didn't feel uncomfortable in the least.  I snapped right into counselor mode and handled the situation.  Probably couldn't have done that without that crazy experience.

I also am just making major headway with one of my outpatients.  He called me a "miracle worker" today hahaha.  Such a cute funny little guy!  Another patient's wife told me that she hoped that I was planning to work with burns because I'm so good and that she would've never guessed I was a student!  It just feels so so good to be helping!

Long story short I am only have way through my first clinical with OT and already feel so so passionate about what I'm doing and the population I'm serving.  How lucky am I!!!??

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment