Friday, February 22, 2013

SNOW DAY!

St. Louis had it's second big snow/ice since I've been here!  Yesterday will probably go down as one of my favorite days here, because as much as I don't like the cold, snow is somewhat magical in so many ways - we got a half day of school!  Also, I got some work done that I otherwise wouldn't have, I got to watch a little t.v., and had a great evening with Karen and Annie.  We frolicked  in the snow covered streets over to West End Bar and Grill and had the most delicious food (green curry mussels and toasted ravioli and homemade blueberry cobbler with praline ice cream on top)!  We also had yummy beers and just chatted/laughed the evening away.  We took a leisurely pace to walk Karen home, falling over in the snow several time, and trying to make snow angels but it was too icy.  It was one of those nights, and for me they really are rare, when you feel there is not a care in the world and you are completely and totally in the present.  It was wonderful.

But today, it's back to reality, even though there is still snow, the real world is trumping it's magic.  Lots and lots of work to do, but I have some super fun weekends ahead and school will be wrapping up before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment