Since I returned from Colorado my life has been a blur. Schoolwork, lab work, work study work, supper with friends, grocery shopping, tours, babysitting, catching up on sleep, long phone chats and cold cold cold! I think I truly thrive when my life is busy. When I don't have tons of time to sit idly and twiddle my thumbs or choose not to do work. And looking back this week was so wonderful. Had some wonderful classes, one of which had an inpatient therapist say "I would rather see a student who had social skills than knew every muscle in the body. You can look that stuff up, but I can't teach people interpersonal skills." YES! I think inpatient is for me! I also did solidify that I will be in Houston for my first FWII and I have decided that I'm looking forward to it even if I might melt! I also got to call a bunch of strangers to followup on a study and it's just so fun to talk to random people, and they were all so nice! I didn't have one person hang up on me or ignore me, amazing! I also got to talk to sweet sweet Courtney Wolfe! She's just one of my favorites and it's been so long since we've talked. I love that I don't mind to just pick up the phone and cold call someone for no reason! We talked for almost 2 hours and we both reveled in the fact that even though we haven't seen each other in 4 years, you would never know! Also, Tara had her baby and Chelsea and Justin got engaged! Life is happening all around me and I love it! I hope I get to go home soon. I miss my family so so much and I know I'm just going to keep missing them more and more as I live farther away. I need to make that happen.
So thank you life for making me a busy bee, I'm trying to soak it all up I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment