Sunday, January 13, 2013

So loved

St. Louis welcomed me back with hamburgers.  Well, Joyce did which pretty much sums up the wonderfulness of St. Louis to me!  She's the sweetest and man did mom and I enjoy those after an 8+hour day of traveling!  Fueled us to take apart Stacy's futon, put together mine, carry in my bed frame, put it together and then reload Stacy's futon into the van.  Long day but then well-deserved pho after all the errands.  It's hard to put into words how thankful I am for my mother.  Yes everyone loves their mom because I mean you have to at the end of the day no question, but so many people don't "like" their mom.  My friend said to me after I told her about our wonderful busy weekend, "If I had dont that with my mom we would've been at each other's throats the entire time!"  So, I guess I'm thankful for the fact that not only are my mom and I not at each other's throat ever (tiffs and unmet expectations sometimes yes, but not at the throat), we truly enjoy each other's, thoughts, laughs, opinions, in general just hanging out together.  I mean for heaven's sake we watch 'Girls' together and it wasn't even that painful.  There's something to be said for that.  I know someday I will have to live closer to my parents.  Not because I love east TN or feel obligated, but because I just love being around them and hope they know that there's not a day that goes by that I don't thank all my lucky stars for them and all they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment