I spent all day in the sun. Whether it was in the sunspot in our bedroom while I packed, running through Travis Heights, or on the patio reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, my little body soaked up vitamin D like there was no tomorrow. Of course a day like this make me not want to leave even more than when it was raining. I love it here and I'm going to miss Christian so so much. But great news is, MOM IS COMING TO ST LOUIS! For the very last time my sweet mom will be helping me readjust to start school for the last time. Crazy, but I'm so so glad she's going to make the trip. I'll also be getting my bed and futon out of it so it's extra great!
On another note, Christian and I walked to Peche last night and I had a Fig Manhattan, YUM. And out waiter was one of our neighbors, Eric. We only knew him as the guy with the red car that doesn't run, but he revs the engine for hours every couple of weeks. But he's a very nice guy and told crazy stories about the Madrid, he's lived here for 10 years! I guess like all public housing facilities, there have been murders, suicides, domestic violence, and characters that have lived in this building. I guess it's odd to hear those stories and somewhat disheartening that those are the stories that are remembered and maintained, but I can also only imagine all the wonderfully happy things that have also happened in this complex. And as much as I know Christian and I will hope to find another place at some point, I will forever have a soft spot for the Madrid and honestly wouldn't mind staying here a little longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment