Ugh okay I'm going to miss school. But only because I love OT and my class so so much! Today we had a management class and for whatever reason this professor (never had her before) wanted to get to know all of us. And I mean all of us in the sense that she went through every single one of us - 84 people to be exact - and we told her where we were from and a fact about ourself. Silly in that we could have learned a lot of stuff about management in the time that we instead learned a bunch of incredibly personal yet amazing facts about our classmates. One of which had two open heart surgeries, one who went skiing in the largest indoor skiing facility in the world in Dubai, two of which had the same high school mascot a pretzel (and there is a hand sign for it - hilarious), one of which had all of her high school proms in castles because she grew up in Germany, one of which can wiggle one ear at a time, another who loves food "like chips and queso, Ranch" hahaha oh Kristen, another which lives around the corner from Bill Clinton and sees him at the gym, another whose last name is Kelly Schweiterman and had FOUR other Kelly Schweitermans at her college and she shared that she did not know any of them because her family was the outcast of the Schweitermans (whatever that means, but she said it strangely serious). I mean really who would not want to hang out with these people all day everyday always! And how awesome that our professor genuinely wanted to know about us to the point that she would have a "one-on-one" conversation with whoever was talking. I put quotations around that only because there were 83 people still in the room usually having no idea what they were talking about.
And now two pieces of big news, one happy one sad:
Dan's father passed away and my heart is so so heavy for him. Cannot and do not want to imagine the feeling of losing my dad and hate that anyone has to experience that.
Carolyn had her baby!!!!! Gwenith Joyce Ripps who is adorable and they are already one of the cutest families tied with all my other cousins and their amazingly cute kids.
All in all I am so so grateful for the path I'm on and the people I'm surrounded by.
No comments:
Post a Comment