I had the most relaxing wonderful day yesterday, all the while rain was pouring down. Usually rain makes me sad and lonely and bored, but yesterday was different. I took Christian to work, came home and made myself a delicious breakfast (English muffin with goat cheese, scrambled eggs, and grapefruit juice), and then took a 45 minute nap. When I woke up the rain was just a drizzle so I decided to go for a run. Five minutes in the rain moved into a pour and so the next 30 minutes I ran soaking wet in the rain. It was SO REFRESHING! When I got home I did my yoga/stretch routine and then meditated. My amazing sister Stacy taught a couple of things and I actually did kind of do it, I think. For 5 minutes I just sat thinking "I am" and it was quite wonderful. I then cleaned Christian's tub and took a bath while reading The Atlantic, a great gift I gave to Christian for his birthday I must say! Super interesting articles about Downton Abbey, the Cuban Missle Crisis, banks, etc. I then headed to get gas, pick up Christian's credit card (from the wonderful Curra's) and go the grocery to get items for our supper get together with Ben and Rhianna.
We got to Ben and Rhiann's around 7 and man their place is quite awesome. Just a studio, but they've designed a cool middle separation that makes the space more livable. The are minimalist to a tee and I'm kind of jealous of that way of living. There are blank spots on the wall!!! I think Christian will help balance me out in this way, but I don't ever think I could live in such a sparsely decorated home. I guess it's the "seeker" in me. They are quite possibly the most wonderful cooks. We had quail with delicious drizzle on top, onion soup with cheesy bread soaking in the middle, and banana tart for dessert. Ugh so freaking good. Well and then of course my Greek salad, which I loved, but it's nothing special in comparison, I mean I bought the dressing for christ's sake! Anyway, it was wonderful and I'm truly looking forward to moving back here for real in only 7 months!!!! Insane how time is flying.
No comments:
Post a Comment