Monday, January 7, 2013

New year-2013


I would like my new year to be guided by this, "The ultimate source of a happy life is warm-heartedness. This means extending to others the kind of concern we have for ourselves. On a simple level we find that if we have a compassionate heart we naturally have more friends. And scientists today are discovering that while anger and hatred eat into our immune system, warm-heartedness and compassion are good for our health."

I'm in Austin.  Seems like I love it more this time than I ever have before.  Which is strange because it is chilly and has rained several days, but for some reason it just feels right to be here.  Probably because my love Christian is here, and I have a feeling that regardless of where he is I will feel at home there.  We had the most wonderful late Christmas together and he got me my first pair of cowboy boots.  Clearly I'll need to stay in Austin for at least several years now :)  It was also Free Week meaning all the music venues have no cover and there are awesome bands all night everywhere.  We totally took advantage and it was awesome!  Soul Track Mind at Antone's = AMAZING!  I would love to have them play at my wedding.  So much fun and makes you move in the best ways!  Last night we had Ben and Rhianna and Jamie and Elizabeth over for supper which was just the best.  We just laugh and laugh and eat and drink delicious things.  How funny that our best friends here we met in the silly Madrid Apartments.  As much as Christian and I are ready to move on from here, it sure has treated us well so far.

Anywho, because research has shown that writing down goals if very effective and rewarding, here are mine for 2013:
Do well and finish OT school
Run a half marathon
Eat well
Only spend money on things that either promote friendship, health, or love
Read more
Travel
Do more puzzles
Sing/play more



No comments:

Post a Comment