Wednesday, September 12, 2012

HOT AIR BALLOONING

I floated in the air today in the basket of a balloon so large that it could hold 14,000 basketballs!!!  IT WAS AMAZING!  I have dreamt of the day I got to do this and it was even better than I had hoped for.  The company is called Balloons Over the Rainbow (how sweet) and Roy was our pilot while Tim and Mike chased us around in a van below.  It felt like we were on a movie set.  It is hard to understand the fact that you, without anything between you and the clouds, and no seatbelt or safety parachute, are floating in the sky.  We disturbed all the wildlife whit I felt bad about but it was pretty funny that everywhere we flew there was a choir of dogs and fleeting of cattle and horses.    We bobbed through the sky finding wind both high and low, sometimes coming to a stad still.  Amazing that you can do that, I wish I knew more about weather patterns.  When it came time to land we were getting close to someone's yard.  Of course there is a tendency for people to come outside and look at the hot air balloon and this was the case with this yard.  So Roy yelled down asking for permission to land in his yard and he happily agreed.  We missed his shed and wood pile by no joke several inches and Roy didn't miss a beat.  Our landing was smooth but a couple of bounces and then we watched the process of getting all the equipment back in the van.  What struck me the most was the love these men had for their hobby/profession.  It is so refreshing to be around people who truly love what they do and find it a necessary and worthwhile way to spend their time.  And I would have to agree.  Although expensive, this was by far one of the best experiences I've had.  Peaceful, inspiring, rejuvenating, educational, humbling, and I could go on!  I have only my amazing boyfriend to thank, and I hope that we always challenge ourselves to these new and exciting experiences!!

No comments:

Post a Comment