First day for first year orientation. As one of the social committee chairs I'm in charge of many of their events. One of which is giving tours around the medical school campus. Apparently mine went the longest. I guess I'm not surprised. I tend to talk a lot and eve if I don't have much to say about something I'll go off on a tangent about something else (sometimes related sometimes not). Luckily it seems that most of the people in my group found me amusing and at least informative enough to stick around.
I met one first year who is from Knoxville and knows the Ferowich family! Love small world things so much.
It feels good to be back in my apartment and to sleep in my bed, but I'm afraid Vernon is not well and it breaks my heart. Karen and I tried to recharge the battery in hopes that that was the problem. No such luck. I will have AAA come tomorrow to tow him away and dread the news. I have definitely been spoiled by having a car. Honestly I feel quite stranded and super dependent on others which is not something I enjoy. But it does make me thankful that I've ever had a car at all. It's got to be the most convenient thing and I wouldn't trade anything for all the spectacular memories I have with Vernon.
Here's to his health and creating more in the future!
Loving this song so much: Ain't No Ash Will Burn
http://soundcloud.com/johnsmithcovers/10-aint-no-ash-will-burn-walt
No comments:
Post a Comment