Friday, October 6, 2017

When you get all the love

I had two small hernias repaired yesterday morning...quite the experience.  I got an IV, dilaudid, intubated, and cut open all in 2 hours!  It's crazy how I don't remember a thing after them pushing the dilaudid, but Paul said my eyes were open and I was talking and even helped myself onto the operating table.  Now I have mesh on my insides and am sore as the Dickens.  But all the while I mean from the get go of realizing I needed to do something about these belly button pains I've been having.  Brent checked me out free of charge got me hooked up with the DSMC surgery center, went with me to figure out paperwork.  Then co-workers in the kindest way recommended me to another surgeon at Seton SW Dr. Lauren Ash.  I was allowed to take off and plan the surgery at my convenience when I could have a week at the beach with my family.  Then Paul spoiled me as he has by stocking my fridge and getting litacane for my arms to avoid passing out while they put in an IV.  He took me to the hospital at 6AM and sat with me holding my hand until I went to drug never never land.  He was there when I woke up and settled me in at home.  I got flowers from my sweet college friends and texts on texts checking in on me.  I am so thankful to be surrounded by so many lovely people who are so gracious with their time, attention and care.  I don't ever wish to have another surgery, however it is nice to know if I did I will be well taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment