Back from the beach and feeling at about 80%. I am needing a PT to be with me for all of my patients but luckily it is okay because Kevin is so kind and patient. Getting back into work has been an adjustment after being off of work for 12 days! Its amazing how easy it is to get used to not having much responsibility, unfortunately the bills keep coming it so you remember why you HAVE to work. Beyond work I have gone right back head first into socializing and being with Paul which is both lovely and exhausting.
I have been singing Goodnight by the Beatles constantly and signed up to play with my uke society at the new library opening next weekend! I went to two happy hours and then supper after work last night. I went on a double date with Paul and the other night went to a movie with Paul that last until after 10:30. I love that Paul and I love to cuddle and talk, but rarely do we go to bed before 11 and for some reason I have been waking up on my own around 6am which is strange, but I know that I'm tired.
Luckily we are going to a lake house this weekend which I am very much looking forward to because we will have no plans or anything we have to do if only for one day. I'll take it! Life is moving quickly and slowly at the same time. I am grateful for all the amazingly kind, smart, lovely people in my life as well as my health and continued healing. I am grateful for the means to pay for a surgery preventing further health issues and grateful for a job that I mostly love by which I get those means.
The world is heavy with grief, anger, divisiveness, and fear, but I am going to continue to look for light and share light as much as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment