Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Never burn a bridge

I am grateful today for choosing to never hate and never burn a bridge.  Life is too short, messy, and unpredictable to totally write someone off or spend valuable energy hating.  I see this first hand for me today.  I, with Paul's encouragement, decided to ask a friend (who could've been an enemy) to check my stomach for a hernia.  Not only did he find one but then proceeded to set up my entire appointment, offer to go fill out paperwork with me tomorrow, and even assist the surgeon.  He wasn't the nicest to me at one point at time.  He made poor choices and was quite selfish.  And so we did not speak for a while, maybe a year.  But there was no use in wasting energy hating him and so when he reached out to apologize I was open to it.  Since then we have become close friends and I now am trusting him to take part in cutting me open.  Quite strange how things unfold, but I am grateful to have learned along the way that being kind and never burning a bridge because it is paying off in a huge way right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment