Saturday, February 7, 2015

Thankful for where I am in the journey of life

Today, without asking, I received an earful from two middle-aged women regarding marriage.  Two women I honestly don't know well at all and have never heard word one about their relationships or even their lives in general.  However, I was happy to soak it up.  They were both conveying pretty intense dissatisfaction in their marriages and for what seemed to be similar reasons.
1) The expectation/image in their heads of what their relationship or husband was or would be like was completely a 180 years into the marriage.
2) Circumstances of life (money, time) create stress that is unparalleled to day-to-day stresses/compounds any pre-existing stress either individually, as a couple, or as a family
3) There was a false pretense of what was important to look for in a mate.  Not looking for someone who would "take a bullet for you" but more for someone who can cook, has a job or ambition to contribute financially, someone who respects and appreciates cleanliness, give/take relationships, and kindness day-to-day.

I'm going to a Wise Women Panel tomorrow, and I cannot wait to ask question and learn more about life, love, happiness, reality in hopes of creating the best life for myself and those around me.  So grateful for the ability to listen and learn as well as for the vulnerability of these lovely women who shared their wisdom and woes with me this afternoon.

God has placed me exactly where I should be.  As Clyde said this morning, "Why should I worry?  God can take better care of everything than I ever could!"

No comments:

Post a Comment