Wednesday, February 18, 2015
2/13/15-2/16/15: A weekend chalk-full of wonderful things!
I just had one of the best weekends ever. Best friends, delicious food, completing my first half marathon in 1:56 (8.53 min/mile), laughing....so much laughing, and a new crush! I don't know how to begin the amount of gratitude I have for my friends. These three women are so inspirational and supportive and smart and lovely and hilarious. I honestly can't believe that we all came together because I can't imagine my life without them. I had a headache and stomach ache (in a good way) the whole weekend just from laughing! Some hilarious memories: damnit Sheila (Leslie's engagement monkey balloon), Leslie's engagement surprise in general (so so so ridiculous), getting to the other side of Barton Springs, driving forever to get to meals because of poor planning on my part, "do you remember that bitch in California?". Honestly I wish I could've recorded the whole weekend!!! And I completed my first half marathon! It was actually very fun. I was so proud of my body and really do look forward to doing another one to beat my time. What an inspirational thing to run a race!? So many people of all walks of life getting out and exercising for a good cause and simply because they want to. And my crush...I don't know where to begin, because it's so hard for me to wrap my head around how quickly and naturally and nicely everything is happening. I guess I still don't know his last name, but what I do know is he is so incredibly kind! Note on my car, invites to fun things, gatorade after the half, not getting upset when I can't do something. I think we're going on a date tomorrow and I'm really really looking forward to it. At the same time I'm so grateful for God stepping in and protecting me from negativity by not letting Bry come this weekend. I prayed for just good and just love, and that's exactly what I got. It was perfect. Missing my sweet friends and a vacation in my own city, however am soaking up how lovely and blessed my life is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment