Sunday, February 8, 2015

An overload of gratitude!!

I worked Saturday.  Was not looking forward to it, however as per usual it was not only good, but was so special.  Then I spent the evening with Tamara and her brothers and sister.  They are just the sweetest and build each other up and it was just so wonderful to be around family that love each other so much.  I was also struck by the fact that none of them have gone to college.  They are from a family of 8 children and honestly college was not an option financially and they lived in Bolivia so none of them went.  I was intrigued by this because I was blessed with the opposite upbringing:  not going to college was not an option.  Not only was it not an option, but it was paid for.  I'm so so so grateful for my parents who made education a priority and also who were able and worked hard so both my sister and I could go to school for free.
Sunday I attended a Wise Women Party.  It was AMAZING!  All thanks to Leta for being her awesome self and knowing about the most wonderful things and events.  It's hard to describe the wonderfulness that occurs when 10 women come together to share wisdom, advice, concerns, joy...it's just beautiful and I'm so so so blessed to have been a part of it.  And I so look forward to continuing to be a part.  And to further this gratitude...my mother taught by example the importance of a community of women from as long as I can remember.  She's been retreating and been in cahoots with wise women for years now...always ahead of the curve that one.
My sister is so happy and in a good place right now which makes my heart sing.  I'm feeling alive and excited and hopeful and rejuvenated.  My dad called the other night just to ask me to remind him of a joke!  And mom is her normal happy loving self.  Life is good and I am so so grateful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment