Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Another friend fill up

I spent the last weekend in St. Louis.  Karen and I drove up from Knoxville together.  It's hard to believe how well we travel together.  She is most definitely more dominant and controlling, but I truthfully have no problem sitting back and supporting if/when I'm needed.  It's actually quite relaxing and I hope it is to her too.  We had the ideal weekend, complete with professor mingling (Jeanenne Dallas, Kathy Kneipman, and Tim Wolf) as well as so so many hours of friend time.  First night, happy hour at Wildflower followed by karaoke at Tom's and then Talanya's for dancing and Courtesy Diner for a very late night snack.  Spent the night at sweet Kurt and Katelyn's and lazied the day away on Saturday.  Watching Napoleon Dynamite in and out of naps and then got ready for a friend potluck.  Ate, drank, and chatted the evening away, then played games finishing the night early.  Woke up to a friend brunch at Chris' Pancake House and then headed to Chain of Rocks Bridge for eagle watching.  Saw our country's bird and got some hilarious pictures with dead ones.  Wondered in Forest Park with Karen, Leslie, and Mike and then had the most delicious meal with the addition of Annie.  Capped off Sunday night with a trip to the Chocolate Bar for fancy dessert martinis.  Left super early Monday and drove back to Knoxville.  I am beyond grateful for my dear dear friends with whom my life is so much more rich and joyful.  I could never express to each of them how wonderful they are, but try to through spending time and effort in maintaining our relationships!

Who I saw last weekend:
Katelyn
Kurt
Leslie
Mike
Annie
Molly
Ryan
Kandice
Cathy
Allison
Kristen T
Keland
Anjali
Sonia
Kristin W
Rachael
Karen
Tim
Jeanenne

No comments:

Post a Comment