Thursday, March 29, 2012

2 Week Hiatus

Man I love a good change of pace. I just got back to the Lou' from two weeks (one in Austin and one in San Fran) of completely different living! I'm not sure how my life continues to have such wonderful surprises but I will continue to welcome them with open arms.

My week in Austin was fabulous as per the usual. I spent time with Christian and it felt so good to just be normal together since we rarely have time to just be. I also got to experience SXSW for the second time. I love it! Free food, drinks, music and more people watching than one person can handle!! I saw old friends and realized how happy I am to be in school and moved on from my previous job. It's good to move on, but I'm glad to still be in contact with the people I connected with. I was so sad to leave Christian and Austin; I was nervous to go to San Fran, try to fit into my friend's life, navigate public transportation, and put all my school knowledge to use during my clinical.

Of course my week in San Francisco absolutely filled my heart and brain!! I feel so at home and at peace with Amanda and Victoria. They are by far the best hostesses, every night cooking delicious meals or taking me to the coolest restaurants. I loved sharing a bed with Amanda, I slept like a rock every night after chatting and giggling before falling asleep. San Fran is an amazingly wonderful city with hustle and bustle, funky districts and stretching out to beautiful water. With only two wrong train boardings, I mastered the BART and MUNI which quickly and easily took me to and from California Pacific Medical Center. I loved every second of my clinical and gained so much wonderful knowledge that I hope to hang onto.
Do not use the word neglect
Always PREPARE PREPARE PREPARE
Communicate clearly and often
Teamwork is vital
Do not let the pt tell you "no"

My last weekend Amanda and I went to Napa and Sonoma. Sadly, Victoria couldn't join, but we had a fabulous time all the same. It's such a beautiful feeling to be able to be yourself with someone else who is not family. Amanda and I studied, talked, laughed, sang, rapped, and sat in silence as if we are together everyday. I'm so lucky to have her in my life!!

As much as I was sad to leave two heavenly weeks in the past, I am thankful to be home. My apartment survived two weeks of loneliness and my orchid now has 3 soon-to-be flowers!!! St. Louis is so green and everything is blooming. How could someone not love spring? I am hoping to rest, exercise and be productive this weekend and I'm so looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment