Thursday, March 8, 2012
Janet
My godmother is dying. She has loved me and my sister whole heartedly our entire lives. From letters to gift cards for Christmas to pep talks Janet has been an ever present beautiful soul as long as I can remember. She has also had cancer for as long as I can remember, but that never slowed down her love for God, her family and friends, hiking and gardening. She has the most genuine kind of love, the kind that I strive to have and hold on to because it's rare and is beautifully contagious. My mom and I went to see her over Christmas break; her brain tumor had taken over most of the Janet I was used to. Although she was swollen and bitter toward her husband, when mom and I walked in the light in her eyes came back. Her love was still there through all the radiation, gamma knife surgeries, drugs, pain and exhaustion. It's absolutely amazing how strong genuine love can make someone and Janet is living proof of this. I cringe to think of such an inspirational being passing away, but I know she is ready to go "home", she has shed light on so many, which in the end I believe is the ultimate purpose in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment