Sunday, February 26, 2012
Resilience
First, music is so incredibly powerful. Hearing one song, takes me back 5 years with such real memories I almost forget how far I've come. Which leads me to one of my most favorite thing about being human: resilience. I have made horrible decisions, hurt people I love, forgotten who I want to be, cried all day, loathed all night and yet here I am on a beautiful sunny day happy as a lark. Not only am I happy, but those I have hurt or been mean to for the most part still love me as much as ever. We humans can not only survive events that seem as though they will do us in, but also go back to life as if it never happened, until something like a song, smell, meal, or place, jogs our memories. In a lot of ways I hate when my memories are jogged, especially the ones I am not so proud of, but in light of my appreciation blog, there are good things that come with being reminded. I am strong, happy, determined, motivated and loved today. Who knows if all the bad things "needed" to happen to get me here, but the memories of where I've been bring to light the amazing life I have now. Which leads me to believe that no matter the situation, someday I will be able to look back and see that I survived and hopefully looking back I will realize and appreciate even more the privilege of waking up each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment