Thursday, February 23, 2012

Early spring, I love OT

It was in the mid 50s this morning, sun shining and daffodils blooming!!! BEAUTIFUL!!

Today we had a class on neonatal development, sooo interesting. But, sitting through the lecture I realized how amazingly lucky I am to have arrived into this world healthy and able. There are hundreds of things that could have gone wrong, and I guess even more that could go wrong now. The fact that I am alive, with my brain functioning normally (as far as I can tell), my limbs working as they should, my heart pumping blood throughout my body, my eyes taking in and understanding my every surrounding, my ears deciphering noises from bird songs, and my tongue holding and tasting mint chocolate chip ice cream, everything so seamless that most of every moment I have no idea that all that is happening. So, here I am with everything working happy as a lark sitting in class learning of all the things that can and do go wrong everyday for so many children. This led me to be so thankful for the profession I have chosen. OT looks at all those who might not have all things working together efficiently and says, "but look at all the things you CAN do, and look at all the things that we can help you get back to doing." I love that I am going to get to help people everyday and enable people to do what they want to do and be who they want to be. YAY OT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment