Sunday, February 12, 2012

First

There are many things that have happened recently leading me to starting this blog. D.J., a member of the Dallas Brass by whom I sat on a recent flight; this TED talk, and slowly realizing that if I have any gift it is this: my love of life itself. I have to admit, I think this trait is mainly hereditary seeing as when I look at my mom she is beaming with that very quality. But fortunately, from my conversation with D.J., I also believe that through my love of life I can, like light in darkness, show that life at its finest comes through gratitude for every moment. I believe that if more people take their gratitude (no matter how rare) and share it, then others cannot help but feel a surge to be grateful as well for this unbelievable opportunity we have in living.

Basically the goal of this blog is to document my gratitude. I hope to share pictures, music, recipes, photographs, podcasts and anything else to convey the billions and trillions of moments life gives us to appreciate.

For today:

1) The Moth podcast by Wanda Bullard
What a fabulous story of trusting fellow human beings as we should.

2)Whitney Houston - How Will I Know?
So sad to lose such an amazing voice. Music is by far one of the things I am most thankful for. No matter good or bad, there is not a live concert that will not shift my thinking, nor a song will not fill the silence of loneliness.

3) My heated blanket
I wish I could buy everyone a heated blanket. I don't think I can properly describe the wonderfulness that ensues from allowing a proper preheating period and then sliding into the toastiest bed you can imagine. Mmmm perfect breeding ground for deep deep sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment