TERRIBLE: There has been yet another mass shooting. This video does a wonderful job educating about the uniqueness of the US's gun problems and the need to change gun control policy in order to make real and lasting changes with gun violence incidents. As so many other people, my heart breaks and my mind is reeling to try to comprehend how someone of the same flesh and blood as me could cold heartedly take the lives of so many innocent people who simply choose a different lifestyle. While gun control is a must and need to happen with haste, I can't help but also think that love, tolerance, and day-to-day small kindnesses need to be out of control. There needs to be a radical change to love... loving even those who struggle with the thoughts and maybe even those who complete these terrible acts. There's never a justifiable reason for this level of cruelty, however there is always always more to the story than what we know.
WONDERFUL: I went to Leslie's wedding this weekend in CO. I got to spend the sweetest, most hilarious, most real, heavy, supportive and full time with Kelly, Leigh, Amanda, Maria and Allie. It's hard to believe that We have been friends since freshman year of college which is 6 years ago now!!! How has time gone by so quickly!? But more so how was I so blessed to end up in Foster Martin Global Village dorm at IU with all these lovely, amazing, inspiring women who will be my lifelong mentors and confidants. I have a strong feeling I will be in Denver within the next two years and I will get to share in life with at least Kelly, Amanda and Leslie in a more regularly and relaxed way. It is a beautiful area of the country with so much to do and is young and happening like Austin.
In the background of this I am slowly creeping forward in plans to travel to Nepal to do disaster relief work at a SCI hospital. I have so so so many things to do and put into place...waiting for the clear and solid answer Yes that someone knows I'm coming. But I guess I'll have to practice something I'm not very good at...patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment