Saturday, November 28, 2015
A beautiful, cold, grey, and friend filled Saturday
So I didn't get to go home for Thanksgiving. Boo hoo. I'm lucky enough to have a place I would want to go to and have people who truly missed me, so that I am more than grateful for. This is not to say that I haven't been quite sad to be in Austin when all my favorites are together enjoying some of my favorite traditions without me. So I have made sure I have a wonderful day today. I slept for over 12 hours last night...hard. It was a fabulous night of sleep in my new bed (thank you Elizabeth and Jamie, while I miss you being in Austin, I am loving your bed and can't wait to see you in Alaska!!). I woke up at 11:00! On my own, which is just crazy cause I can't remember the last time I slept that late having gone to bed at 10:30! But I did and it was wonderful and I then went on a 7 mile run in 45 degree weather around town lake and it was so nice! I passed people and then passed them on the back side of the loop and we smiled at each other in solidarity that we are running in the cold..I love that. And I got to just think about all kinds of things and sing Lauryn Hill in my head (Joyful, Joyful of course). Then I had the most wonderful brunch at Thai Fresh with Claire. Maris Srour and her friends. Man oh man she's the best and so are her friends in TX. Claire is an amazing woman who is sweet, talented, funny and so easy to be around. I love so much making new friends and definitely feel like this is the beginning of a great friendship. Then Lizette (another Maria connection) met me at my apartment to catch up. Haven't seen her in months and it was nice to just have tea and talk. And now I'm about to head out to have Thanksgiving leftovers with Tamara and her family and then to WILD CHILD!!!! I'm so blessed and so thankful. What a full life I'm living and what amazing connections I have made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment