Sunday, August 3, 2014

Twins

I treated an 87 year old man today.  He lives with his twin on 200 acres of land 20 miles outside of Austin.  They've lived together for most of their adult lives the brother said, "No one was going to marry us so why not?"  They are both hard of hearing and the brother was dressed for church in the cutest way imaginable.  The pt himself didn't have any bad injury, just a pink fracture cause by a MVC which was cause by knicking a varicose vein that bled uncontrollably to the point that the pt knew he should get help so he got in the car to drive out on the farm to find his brother.  He lost so much blood that he passed out and wrecked the car.  Long story short he is now in the hospital and so deconditioned it's not funny.  And his brother doesn't understand what happened and is clearly just so so scared to lose his best friend, closet family member, and really his life partner.
This is all to say I am so so grateful for all the lovely people I have in my life beyond my nuclear family.  Also I can't wait to see how my lovely people grow old and adorable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment