wildlife (snakes, turtles, frogs)
African dance
Horticultural therapist (fresh flower leis)
musical instrument making (tamborines, eggs, shakers)
hoola hooping (professional who works at 2027 performance arts studio)
baking with chef at Chase Hotel (Michael Smith - earthquake cookies)
African American painted murals (on sheets)
nature hike
fishing
archery
swimming
duct tape fashion show
writing and recording song (we gotta stick together to fight the pain; try not to think about it cheer up and get proud; sickle cell is what we have and not what we are; we might not win the battle but we'll win the war)
I wish I could relive this week once a year to refresh my heart and mind. These children were the best: HaNaiya, Anteneesha, Imani, Oniyechi, Jayda, Madisyn, Cydney, Karnell, Sean, Jerrell, Eric, Branden, Connie, Quidira, Langston, Royce...wish I could remember all of their names!
I will ALWAYS be thinking about and wishing the best for these beautiful children.
No comments:
Post a Comment