Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A little bit of everything

Went for a 5 mile run this morning.  I think I've finally figured out that beyond helping me stay in shape, running makes me feel better about life.  I feel strong, competent, and capable.  I love this feeling and I'm so grateful and my body seems to enjoy running as well.  I hope it continues to for a long long time.

My dear friend Carolina came to visit in Austin.  I always feel so loved and special when friends spend hundreds of dollars, take off work and choose where I am as somewhere to visit.  Thank you!  On top of feeling good about myself it was a special time considering usually when we see each other it's for one meal or just in passing.  This time we had days and there was nothing we had to do so we got to catch up for real.  I have the most amazing friends.  I am constantly in awe of how much they have to offer and how much I can learn from them.  I was reminded of some flaws of my own, how I (regretfully) judge too quickly sometimes, how I base much of my happiness on what others think about me and how sometimes I get caught up in a way of life that is what others want for me, not necessarily what I want or is good for me.  This is what friends are for.  To keep me grounded and remind me to always try to better myself.

Christian and I also went camping last weekend.  Very very fun, but also hysterical because we are rarely bored and I think at least multiple time we were both bored ha.  So sad that as soon as you have NOTHING to do (and I mean nothing, just a tent to get in, a picnic table to sit at and junk food to eat) you want something to do.  But we managed.  Okay yes we went somewhere to get some fresh food and so we would have something to do, but next time, next time we will be more prepared.  We did enjoy the stars and nature though and suppor the state parks so I was proud of us and I can't wait to do it again.

Now we are painting the apartment and I'm going to try to think of a different way to rearrange the furniture.  Sometimes there just needs to be a change, and I can tell Christian needs that.  That's what is so cool about having your own space/apartment.  You can change it into whatever you feel like at the time!

Anywho, it's sunny as all get out and I feel content with life.  I woke up this morning to a text from my mom so we could talk about a potential nightgown I found for her.  Christian laughed so hard when he found out that's what we were going to talk about.  I think sometimes it's a joke to him how much I talk to my mom (sometimes 3 times a day), but I LOVE it.  I love my family so much and I'm beyond grateful for everything they are for me.

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment