Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wonderful weekend

Friday I met the Fox family.  Nancy the mom and her five children ranging from 16 months Oliver, Ella, Wyatt, Dylan, to Sophia 12.  They are all ADORABLE.  It also turns out they are very rich and it was so strange to be in a home of that size and niceness.  On the one hand I did feel uncomfortable, but then I realized there was no reason to and I was just amazed.  I was in another world for an hour and I look forward to escaping to that world a couple times per week to hang with some cute kiddos.

That evening Kristin, Ellen, Karen and I had a fabulous supper out on the veranda.  Bruschetta, beet, quinoa, spinach, goat cheese salad, broccoli and shrimp over rice and chocolate covered strawberries!!  We also just talked and talked and talked while we watch the sunset.  I realized that I will actually miss St. Louis itself beyond just the wonderful friends I have made, but I shouldn't think about that just yet, still a year to go.  Through our talks I realized how excited I am to start a life with someone else, hopefully Christian, I realized how strong of a faith I have in humanity itself, but namely I realized that I have made such special relationships here that I wouldn't trade and I'm so proud of myself to making this leap of going to school, moving, living alone, etc.  It has paid off and will continue to pay off.

Saturday morning Karen and I were on the metro at 8:00am to participate in a free boot camp under the arch downtown.  Soooo awesome!  Very hard, but beautiful morning and so refreshing.  We also got a ton of free stuff...including tickets to see the Visa Jr. Men's Championship gymnastics!!  So we went to that later that evening and it was absolutely amazing.  I never knew that at 14 year old could be that strong!  What a neat world!  Then Kristin, Karen and I headed to Nik's for a BBQ.  It was fun to chat over brats and burgers and once again a perfect summer night.

Sunday was a work day, but honestly it felt so good to be super productive.  It's funny how as much as I love relaxing and hanging out, I get a surge of good feelings when I have a productive day!

This summer is shaping out to be one of the best and I couldn't be more thankful for everything and everyone that is making that happen.

"Something wonderful is about to happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment