Thursday, June 28, 2012

Obamacare

President Obama's health care was upheld by a vote of 5-4 today.  Although this is surely not a done deal, history is happening and hopefully for the better!  I cannot help be feel as though all, beyond those of us who are fortunate, healthy and capable have a right to healthcare.  I also cannot help but think that those of us who have had so much for so long can survive even with giving some to those who have less.  Yes I am young, optimistic, in grad school, and liberal as of now, but it's hard for me to imagine or even less, want that to change (aside from the age and school part of course).  I love thinking people are good.  I love feeling that those who are in charge are thinking of what is best for ALL of our nation.  I guess overall I understand some of the logic that opposes this change, but as of now I will continue to follow my heart which has always told me to treat others how I would like to be treated and that includes healthcare.

No comments:

Post a Comment