Sunday, March 22, 2020

COVID-19

I left last Thursday 3/12/20 to run a half marathon in Page Arizona.  Marking another national park half off the list!  When I was leaving coronavirus was buzzing around but quite minimally.  Just had started to have mention at work but mainly just about conserving PPE.  The trip was lovely (Maria Beth Ben Sami and Maggie for one day)  Maria ran 50 miles and it was by far the most beautiful run of my life so far.  And the hike the next day Cathedral Wash was epic!  So when I returned on 3/16/20 man have things changed.  There is now screening at the hospital entrances, our census is so low we might have to send therapists home, we have a COVID-19 unit and 2 daily meetings to stay up to date with changes, we are absorbing OP therapists because all OP clinics have been shut down, all restaurants and bars are closed except for carry out, the groceries are all but cleaned out, traffic is a trickle, all schools are closed, no gatherings more than 10 people, and so much fear.  In hopes of finding bright spots I wanted to make a list of strange but lovely perks that are coming out of this terrible scary time:
Mother Earth is getting a break
Families friends and neighbors are spending quality time and truly helping one another
No traffic
Forces us extroverts to have down time
Reminds us all how fragile life is
Reminds us all how we live and impact every single person around us, you cannot function as an island
Makes us appreciate all of life's many luxuries
Reminds us road trips are still fun
It brings all of us closer together and wanting to care for each other

It's hard to predict how this will pan out.  I do feel scared but am trying so hard to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment