Friday, November 8, 2019

Joshua Tree

I have now run 6 national park half marathons.  Zion, Alaska, BANFF, Grand Teton, Yosemite, and Joshua Tree.  I flew into San Diego because Ben lives there now doing a post-doc at UCSD.  His place in La Jolla is ridiculously amazing and I've half decided that someday I need to live in San Diego.  The food, people and lifestyle is just fabulous not to mention the outrageously beautiful nature oceanic backdrop!  We had seafood sandwiches and salads, swam in the Pacific Ocean and hung with his roommates who are the nicest coolest guys.  We drove to Joshua Tree, 3 hours but was longer cause we missed multiple turns and traffic wasn't the greatest.  But we had a great time listening to music and reminiscing about childhood memories.  Ben is smart and kind, and sarcastic and quick witted and a bit sharp at times but I think he's enjoyable and I learn quite a bit from him.  Maria is similar but much softer.  They hit it off for sure...just wish her would make a move and try to keep in contact with her.  But I don't need to medal.  So grateful for my body, my friends, my family and this beautiful country I live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment