I've been listening to the Vox Veniae liturgy podcast. This most recent sermon http://voxveniae.com/pattern-of-resurrection/ was so powerful and such a beautiful reminder of the fact that all of us with our flaws, our shortcomings, our ugly spots, our bad decisions, our guilts and mistakes, all of us are loved completely and fully. One of the hardest jobs we have as humans is to learn how to receive this love and then reciprocate it. Giddion uses Mr. Rogers as an example with his song "It's you I like" What a beautiful song that emphasizes how all the things we might do, say, wear, or hide behind to be something other than ourselves, maybe because we're ashamed, maybe because we want to be somebody/something else sometimes, he saying that he likes us for who we are just like God he loves us with all the ugly also. Giddion also talks about a poet David White who shares the thought of ancient Irish elders who believe that genius is actually a collection of people and places. This meaning that who we are and what we stand for is a collection of all of our experiences, relationships and this means the good and the bad. So the spiritual practice that was advised today is to take time to think about the people in your life who have loved you fully despite any dark spots and loved into becoming who you are today. I am amazed at the fact that I have more than just God on this list:
Mom
Dad
Stacy
Amanda
Kelly S.
Leigh
Leslie
Liz
Loy
Lya
Leah
Katelyn
Karen
My goal is to make sure that I reciprocate the amazing love these people have showed me, because in the end that is our job: to take the love that God has shown us and share it with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment