Monday, December 7, 2015

Everything is temporary

I tell my patients this everyday.  Of course I am talking about their pain and discomfort and having to do daily things differently after an injury or illness - "just remember this is all temporary."  But the truth is that this is the truth about everything!  Every single second is temporary, as time marches on to its own beat no matter what.  Therefore everything we do, say, act on (or not), where we are, the things we have, the thoughts in our heads, the feelings in our hearts...they are all temporary!  This to me is quite exciting.  And I don't at all take it to mean that the good things are going to go away, but more-so that they too can change, perhaps into something even better, but if not I also know there will be other things morphing or coming along that will be just as good!  Of course the past has accumulated into the year I am in now, feelings I have, where I'm living etc. etc., however each day is truly its own day that will be over at the end of the day, and that is just life.

Grateful for the lightness of nonpermanence

No comments:

Post a Comment