Sunday, August 23, 2015

Small wonderful world

I went with Tamara to pick up an amazing bike for only $200 of which she has been praying for.  Turns out the women who we're getting it from are amazing as well.  Gail and Kelly; probably in their late 30s or early 40s.  Super cute and so incredibly nice.  And what a wonderfully small world they happen to be dear friends of a patient I treated for weeks in the ICU.  And yesterday happened to be the day he was discharged from inpt rehab!  Apparently he's doing really well and I just couldn't be more happy!  This was a patient who was most definitely on the verge of death, who the doctors didn't know what to do with.  I spent sweet little times with his wife who was always so lovely and graceful.  It so sweet to hear that he is well and moving forward with his recovery.

Also, the power of God was uncanny last weekend.  After a very dramatic and definitely overheated argument about women's role in the church, I went to the Vox and the sermon was verbatim about the verses in question.  And I was validated in my feelings and thoughts.  It was so reassuring to have God speak through the pastor to comfort me when I felt that I couldn't believe in the Bible but as it turns out it was a lack of understanding context.  Super super powerful. So grateful for those reminders and the ability to be reassured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gbImG50oIc
 

No comments:

Post a Comment