Wednesday, November 12, 2014

There are gems in the craziest of days

Today was my one week day off in months and months that I wasn't traveling.  It was also the one day for me to get my new car (Stacy's car) insured, inspected, and registered.  One day, that was enough so I thought.  Little did I know I would end the day with only one of my three goals accomplished.  Despite this the gratefulness for this day is still abundant.  First, I met some so kind wonderful people.  I got my breaks fixed that I didn't even know were on the outs.  I ate by myself for the first time in a sit down restaurant and it wasn't half bad.  Not that I'm itching to do it again any time soon, but it's doable which is a sign of maturing for me.  I also got to walk in this amazingly cold but sunny fall day.  I stopped in Patagonia after being told that I couldn't deposit a check, just to look, and the front desk guy gave me the loudest and most enthusiastic welcome!  I got to see Kyle who I haven't heard from in months and months which was just so sweet.  Nothing like seeing old friends for whatever amount of time.  I drove around some super rich lake view neighborhoods trying to hit ~50 miles to reset the car monitors, and man oh man it was just so incredibly beautiful.  I talked with Karen.  She's newly engaged and I couldn't be more happy and excited for her and Matt! And now sweet Molly is on her way here for supper.  Now, $700 later and some errands completed, I am sitting in my sweet little apartment listening to music and waiting for homemade soup to thaw.  I'm blessed, blessed, blessed.  Of course I can hope and pray for more, who doesn't, but I am content despite moments of feeling frustrated with where I am in life.  I'm doing me and that's exactly what I'm meant to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment