"I want beauty in my life. I want charm. I want contact with actual people. It is, for me, one of the things that makes life worth living." David Sedaris
This man's words ring so true in my heart. I had my ukulele meeting last night which was just as wonderful as it always is. Was called up to play shakers and then asked and asked to play a song, I refused, but look forward to playing one next month. Then had a nice chat with Ryan and then stayed late to play/hang with Leta. She's wonderful. And just as I've had multiple times in my life, we had a conversation about how we are each others people. She is so so kind and easy to be around, just as so many of my friends are, but specifically Amanda and Karen with whom there was an immediate connection. I love that. I love the feeling of "meant to be in each others lives" that you get with certain people and I now know this is carefully orchestrated and I am forever grateful.
Five recent gratefuls:
The power of non-judgment and care being given regardless of circumstances (drunk driver who killed his daughter and other driver)
Austin Ukulele Society
Bike riding
Turf and Surf tuna salad
Good sleep
No comments:
Post a Comment