Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Toilet Paper*******epiphany

I was going to the bathroom this afternoon...just number 1 don't worry...when I turned to get toilet paper and realized the roll was flipped (i.e. the pull of the paper was not in the direction I prefer).  While yes this is a very futile problem, it is for whatever reason annoying to me.  My first thought was "ahh I guess I'll just have to wait for the next roll and hope I'm the one that puts it on "correctly."  Then, just like that, it came to me.  I COULD CHANGE THE TOILET PAPER ROLL RIGHT THEN AND THERE.  Yes, it took a little time and effort, but I realized I could be an agent of change, and so I did it, just like that, flipped that toilet paper roll and sighed a sigh of relief.

This small moment is much larger to me than about the toilet paper roll.  I occurred to me that all day everyday, each second really, I am the agent of change in my life more often than not.  I choose to feel, react, neglect, create, avoid, make, shut down all kinds of things feelings and situations.  I choose to be in a "bad" mood.  I choose to avoid asking for help if/when I need it.  I choose to take the time to make a delicious supper that makes me smile and my tummy happy.  It's up to me.  All day everyday to spend my time and energy in the best, most productive, most rewarding, and most kind way I know how.  What an empowering and "duh" kind of moment!!??

So, my friends and myself, choose wisely.  Take the time and small effort to flip that toilet paper roll.  Choose to smile and react to people with love and compassion.  Because at the end of the day who wants to be unhappy?

No comments:

Post a Comment