Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sue Whitehead 1932-November 1, 2012

I went home this weekend.  Sue passed away peacefully and exactly how she would've liked, as far as I know, with Teresa by her side.  Her whole family was in town and I can't imagine a more perfect celebration for Sue besides sitting around chatting and eating.  The day was spectacular with fall colors, warm sunshine and a brisk breeze every once in a while.  I will so miss Sue and her made-for-children self.  She was round and pudgy, perfect for lap sitting.  She didn't just take care of children, but more took them in as her own.  I have her to thank for much of who I am today and she will forever be in my heart.

Beyond getting to be with the Hutchison family, I got to be home with mom and dad and some extended family as well!  It was so good to have a full house and chat it up with everyone, go on hikes, eat yummy food.  But most of all I loved hanging out on mom and dad's bed playing guitar and ukulele, singing and talking for hours.  How lucky am I that my parents are cool enough and think I'm cool enough that we spend Saturday night doing that!!???  And of course Nell would come and go trying to make us go to bed, but also just wanting to be near us.  I just love home so much.  Glad I'm going to be back in two weeks, but also can't believe how much I need to get done between now and then!  I CAN DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment