It has been a monumental week: people, both heterosexual and homosexual, can marry!!! Based on the US Supreme Court anyone can marry now. Love wins and what a beautifully amazing milestone for our country to finally meet. South Carolina lowered the confederate flag. While it took the murder of 9 innocent and amazing people in a church, there have been steps taken forward in the inequality and racist sentiments that still remain ever so present in this country.
In my world, I have a FW Level II student who is both smart and sweet, and I'm excited to get to teach as well as learn from her for the next 3 months. Who knew I would be having the opportunity to make an impact so quickly! I just visited Karen for the weekend and feel rejuvenated with positive energy and love for life. We painted kids faces, ate delicious food, went shopping both at expensive ridiculous places as well as an awesome thrift store, listened to a live poetry reading, and then hung out with good people eating Southern food and listening to live music. I have realized that I am not only okay on my own at this time, but need to be. I have not found my person or if I have the timing is not now and I need to embrace being on my own as well as preparing my heart for the timing to fall into place.
Mom is on her way to Jackson Hole as Carolyn and Any just had their baby boy Alexander. My friend Hali birthed baby Claira Ruth and I've gotten to continue to watch sweet Addie grow. We've had so so so much rain here in Austin and while it's been sad as it has done unspeakable to damage, it has also felt cleansing. It's kept the usually unbearably hot summer tolerable and the normally charred vegetation lush and green.
Words of Wisdom I've been hearing recently:
"I'm a philosophy professor."
"If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be?"
"Never make an exception of yourself."
"What does that mean?""People like to make exceptions of themselves. They hold other people to moral codes that they aren't willing to follow themselves. For example, people tend to think that if they tell a lie, it's because it was absolutely necessary. But if someone else tells a lie, it means they're dishonest. So never make an exception of yourself. If you're a thief, don't complain about being robbed."
" I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein
"I believe that imagination is strong er than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is that only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death." - Robert Fulgham
"If you are a dreamer com in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic bean buyer
if you're a pretender come sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" - Shel Silverstein
No comments:
Post a Comment