"I am thankful for today. It wasn't promised to me, but I got to wake up for it."
My patient who woke up one day unable to move her legs (and might never again) says that every morning I work with her. And it's true, there's no reason for me to have today anymore than anyone else and I am forever forever grateful. I have been consumed in my growing pains that I'm not sure I wearing so nicely, but they are necessary and in a strange way I think this will be a time I look back on a realize it was one of the best times. I'm realizing so many things about myself and things I don't want to be about anymore. I want to work on taking people how they are where they are (a tenet of my own profession, how embarrassing that I haven't applied that in my personal life). I want to work on my spirituality and find where I belong in it. I want to have confidence in myself. I want to continue to give of myself to others. I want to continue to challenge myself and work hard. I want to continue to be open to getting to know myself so I can become my best self.
To growing pains, thank you and to what is bigger than me, please help me continue to grow as gracefully as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment