Thursday, December 13, 2012

The craziest most wonderful and stressful month

It's been way too long since I've written.  I think I will start with the most recent wonderfulness and work backwards.
I babysat sweet O&Q last night.  I was in charge of feeding, taking to bball practice and putting them to bed.  Most hilarious night!  Started with pizza for supper and talking about how babies are in their mom's belly.  How do they eat?  Are they sitting upright?  Well they have to in order to eat... finally Q saying, "I know how babies get in the belly, they just stick one up the butthole!!!!"  Ridiculous.  Then conversation moved to Q stating, "We are all animals."  Smart kid I thought confirming by telling him we're all mammals.  Then O made the strangest comment ever, surely there is a reason, "Actually we are all sheep.  Our grandfather's grandfather's grandfather was a sheep."  Have no clue where that came from and didn't push, but man oh man kids are too funny!  Then off to O's bball practice where the two coaches were 40-year-old-wannabe-bball players.  HILARIOUS!  Let me just say that 7 year olds DO NOT understand the game of basketball.  And that is normal.  What is not normal is these two grown men discussing their poor dribbling and defense skills while the kids run around being kids.  Got some on film, cause it was just too much.  Loved every second and can't wait to have kids of my own so I can go to all the practices!

Going backward the most wonderful things was having some of my favorite people to visit!  Stacy, Aaron, and Christian all came to the Lou!  We had a blast and honestly I couldn't be more thankful.  What a gift to be be able to enjoy your sibling and their loved one at the same time!  We did so so much: Budweiser tour, SubZero happy hour with my friends, Schlafly, homemade breakfast, ice skating, Crown Candy Kitchen milkshakes, Wildlights at the zoo, Wildflower for drinks, Taste for the most delicious meal, and then Christian and I went to the Scottish Arms for the bloody mary bar, a class cookie exchange, and then to see Skyfall!  I just have to say that I have the BEST family and the BEST boyfriend, no question.

During all these fun things I have also never been so stressed.  It's amazing how much has happened in the last month and I will catch up, but can't right now have to return to studying for my LAST TWO EXAMS!!!!!  Then off to Bloomington to be with my dear college friends for the weekend!  Loving life still and so grateful for every single second.

No comments:

Post a Comment